metafinanz contracted Accesa for operating the PEGA platform. The main tasks required are:
- monitoring the running system
- application deployments
- restoring the system in case of failure
- updating the system
- providing independent development of improvements for operating the platform.
After initial discussions with the client and our estimations carried out, a 3-month transition period was agreed upon, in which we subsequently held knowledge transfer sessions with the old team as well as requested all access to the systems, platform and documentation beforehand.
The PEGA platform includes several applications for the creation and modification of policies as well as the processing of claims.
Description of operational services:
- Incident management - ServiceNow (SNOW) ticketing system is used for recording and processing faults
- Service Requests - include the import, testing and deployment of updates to the components of the system environment
- Documentation - review and continuously update the existing documentation for the entire IT system. Accesa ensures that all necessary information (e.g. about configurations, latest changes, elimination of known errors) is available and up to date
- Reporting and escalation
- Innovation and consulting
The IT system contains the following applications: PEGA platform, RedHat JBoss Enterprise Application platform, Linux, Apache Load Balancer, administration of Docker images in AWS Cloud, web service for sending and receiving data from the system of records.
The IT system consists of the following infrastructural environments: development, production and testing. The services are delivered exclusively remote from Romania and there are three types of SLAs in place.
Our approach in 5 steps has helped us ensure a client-centric experience and great impact:
- Step 1. Understand their needs and priorities
- Step 2. Solve problems, work error-free and with short response times right from the start
- Step 3. Secure results and maintain level of quality
- Step 4. Advise our customer on how to set up the system so that ongoing operation poses fewer errors or impede errors
- Step 5. Communicate and share
This translates into the team’s way of working, whereas communication and project management initiatives helped our teams to create a successful partnership with the client
- 1:1’s with the team members performed at regular intervals – currently, there are two weekly project meetings; at the beginning, there where daily stand-ups so we could bring the team to the required level
- Project team meetings in order to align on the priorities and plan the tasks
- Constant & effective communication with the customer and the team
- Honest feedback