Headquartered in Cluj-Napoca, Romania and with offices in Zurich, Frankfurt, Oradea and Munich, Accesa is a privately-owned company with a distinctive people-first culture that thrives on engineering proficiency. Over the past 16 years, it has been focusing on problem-solving through technology that seamlessly integrates into people’s lives, driving value for both businesses and their customers. The company is committed to delivering a 5-star experience for all their customers and a fulfilling career for its people.
With over 700 professionals, within more than 20 competence centers, Accesa is establishing itself as an employer of choice for engineers looking to consistently have a real, tangible impact through their work. Partnering with companies in Retail and Consumer Goods, Manufacturing and Automotive to Banking and Insurance, Accesa helps businesses and people embrace flexibility, adaptability and evolution within their digital journey.
About the project
A big fashion industry retail store is moving its existing monolithic eCommerce application into a micro-services architecture that it is easily deployable and scalable in the cloud using Kubernetes and similar technology stacks.
The new eCommerce system, which serves two fashion brands, is built with PHP 7.3 and Symfony 4.4 and follows the community's guidelines for providing a maintainable and clean code. The front-end is using custom decoupled storefronts built with Angular 8.4.
The database engine powering the application is MySQL, while for searching the project makes use of ElasticSearch.
Accesa joined the project in July 2020 with two colleagues PHP developers and is continuing to expand and strengthen the team.
About the team
We are a growing community with diverse skills and knowledge base. In terms of efficiency, our core is focused on strong communication, both within the team and with our peers from the customer side.
Our community supports professional development according to the individual needs and the project context. We are ready to support and facilitate sustainable learning paths for each member. All in all, we strive to enjoy the work we do, both individually and as a team.
- Independently write easy to read, maintainable and easily testable code
- Get involved into features analysis and features specifications description, starting from the feature request up to production delivery
- Actively take part in the knowledge sharing process within the team
- Be an active member in improving the code base through code reviews and proactively make improvement suggestions
- Provide solutions that will solve complex problems and scale easily for larger traffic web apps
- Collaborate with the team on architecture and design decisions, driving the platform direction
The team is backed-up by a competence center that supports professional development according to the individual needs and the project context.
Match your skills
- Good working knowledge of PHP object-oriented programming and general OOP principles
- Understanding of design patterns and data structures
- Experience with PHP Unit and/or other testing frameworks
- Skilled in Symfony, Laravel or other PHP frameworks
- Hands-on knowledge of PHP standards (PSR)
- Experience using debugging tools and flows
- Exposure to HTTP protocol - codes, verbs and basic architecture
- Minimal experience with VCS systems (preferably GIT)
- Knowledge about relational databases - how they work, common performance optimizations
- Basic knowledge of security aspects that could impact the code or data
- Elementary working experience with Gitlab or Gihub and CI/CD pipelines
- Good communication skills, fluent in English, German is a plus
- Inquisitive and adaptive to ever changing environments
- Constant learner mindset
- Great attention to details
Willing to develop
- Caching systems knowledge - ie. Redis, Varnish, Memcache
- Understanding of Elasticsearch - how it works, query language
- Knowledge of REST APIs development
- A good understanding of other OOP programming languages
- Experience with front-end development frameworks
- Know-how of virtualization environments like Vagrant or Docker
- Open-source contributions or openly available personal portfolio
At Accesa you can
Join self-managed communities of IT experts that co-design their own learning programs.
Be part of a cell-based organization where we favor agility over rigid processes and freedom over control.
Enjoy a holistic benefits program which empowers your:
- Work-Life Balance: home office, flexible schedule, parenting workshops, vacation package
- Physical Well-being: in-house fitness instructor, themed workshops, nutrition counselling, private medical insurance
- Social Well-being: hobby clubs to support your passions, improve workshops, team building activities, social events
- Emotional Well-being: in-house certified coach, focus and mindfulness apps, emotional intelligence (EQ) workshops, CPI personality assessments
Join the team
Whether you’re interested in our services or you would like to learn more about our company, we are happy to provide you with the information you need.