IT Integrated Services Competence Center
This technical role is heavily involved in virtualization, storage, backup, monitoring and multi-cloud infrastructures. The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation, performance optimization, integrity, day-to-day support and operations of different virtualized environments and its guests.
You will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills, working with clients to troubleshoot performance issues, providing reliable backups and sharing insights with our clients about the virtualization environment. You will also ensure that systems are positioned for compliance with IT policies and standard service-level agreements.
- Responsible for supporting and independently completing project tasks
- Identifies key drivers of a defined, straightforward problem and proposes solutions
- Identifies and solves problems using analysis, experience, and decision making
- Selects the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements
- Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application in a particular engagement; contributes to the continuous development of methods and tools
- Manages work-to-work plans for the components of engagements
- May independently own a work stream, reviewing, and potentially directing the work of more junior staff
- Develops solutions to our clients’ problems through the application of methods and tools; validates solutions with subject matter experts
- Demonstrates accountability and contributes to meeting our client’s goals
Match your skills:
Deep technical knowledge in:
- Managing and maintaining VMware infrastructures (host updates\management, client configuration
- Supporting Windows Servers (2012R2/2016), Storage (SAN/NAS), backup
- Understanding of iSCSI, NFS, and Fiber Channel protocols, Fiber Channel cabling, switching, and zoning
- Deep knowledge on the working principles of Microsoft Technologies and Operating systems like Windows Server 2008R2, 2012 and 2016 with good troubleshooting skill set.
- Good understanding of VMware infrastructure and must have experience in managing, maintaining VMware hosts and guest systems.
- Experience supporting business continuity and disaster recovery though backup systems and data replication (Veritas backup exec, VMWare SRM, Veeam Backup&Replication, NetApp Data Replication, Commvault, Zerto)
- Solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols, network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting experience
Nice to have:
- PowerShell, Python, Bash or other scripting languages
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, either PaaS or IaaS based services
- Microsoft/VMware/Citrix certifications
- Problem Management according to ITIL
Willing to develop :
- Cloud technologies (Azure, Amazon, IBM Cloud)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Solutions
About the project:
Challenging projects with enterprise level architectures.
About the team
You’ll be joining a young team, with all levels of experience, from junior to senior, working on server & storage solutions, back-up solutions, tooling for monitoring infrastructure, cloud based infrastructures.
Your growth is encouraged and sustained, to have a lifelong impact on your career.
- Technical workshops, trainings, certifications
- Performance bonuses may be granted for projects and specialized trainings
- English and German in-house classes
- Dedicated time for study and research
- Internal library and e-learning platforms access
Innovation & Challenges
We ensure an environment where you are free to be creative and innovative, where you are encouraged and guided to achieve your professional goals.
- Leadership, project management and consultancy learning programs
- Hackathons and ideas incubator
- Cell-based organisation & agile work environment
Equilibrium – Wellbeing Program
Building a career and enjoying a thriving personal time can be challenging. That’s why we are committed to empowering you with the necessary tools, resources and strategies, you need to drive your lifestyle choices to a happy and a healthy path.
- Work-Life Balance: flexible schedule, home office, vacation package – extra day each year
- Physical Wellbeing: fitness instructor, sports & swimming classes, nutrition counseling, private medical insurance
- Social Wellbeing: hobby clubs to support your passions, team building activities, weekly and annual social events, GoPro communication trainings, acts of kindness
- Emotional Wellbeing: In-house coach (psychologist), focus and mindfulness apps, soft skills workshops, CPI personality assessments