SCOM Engineer – Operations & Support
Operations & Support Competence Center
We’re looking for a System Center specialist who can support, develop and consult on functional and technical solutions. At the moment, our System Management team is expanding, heading towards the biggest and most passionate team specializing in the System Center product line. As a SCOM engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to create a leading team of SCOM specialists and work on projects that have a real business impact.
- Perform installation and administrative tasks from the Operation Manager console, provide application support for the SCOM platform, create and maintain monitoring and notification rules.
- Review and update SCOM console security, apply patches, create SCOM console roles and reviews, and create and install custom Management Packs (MP) as needed.
- Deliver SCOM custom reports based on results of SCOM monitoring, using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) technologies, and provide problem resolution for SCOM components and related custom scripts.
- Utilize verbal and written communication skills to maintain accurate system documentation and provide training as required
Match your skills:
- Relevant experience with the installation and administration of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012;
- Experience with creation of rules and monitors;
- Experience with installation and configuration of various management packs, by using overrides;
- Experience in application/network performance and availability monitoring;
- Experience using the Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting engine to automate tasks with SCOM;
- Experience with major Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server as well as with Windows Server Operating system;
- Experience with creation of custom monitoring dashboards
- Experience with cross platform application monitoring (Oracle,VmWare, etc)
Willing to develop:
- Experience with Pimcore (pimcore.org) it’s an advantage
- Experience with apache, nginx, Varnish, Elasticsearch, MySQL (MariadDB) and in modern operation systems (icinga, logstash, zabbix, Salstack, etc. ) would be nice to have
- Experience in writing PHP Unit Tests is an advantage
Reasons to join Accesa:
Your growth is encouraged and sustained, to have a lifelong impact on your career.
- Technical workshops, trainings, certifications
- Performance bonuses may be granted for projects and specialized trainings
- English and German in-house classes
- Dedicated time for study and research
- Internal library and e-learning platforms access
Innovation & Challenges
We ensure an environment where you are free to be creative and innovative, where you are encouraged and guided to achieve your professional goals.
- Leadership, project management and consultancy learning programs
- Hackathons and ideas incubator
- Cell-based organisation & agile work environment
Equilibrium – Wellbeing Program
Building a career and enjoying a thriving personal time can be challenging. That’s why we are committed to empowering you with the necessary tools, resources and strategies, you need to drive your lifestyle choices to a happy and a healthy path.
- Work-Life Balance: flexible schedule, home office, vacation package – extra day each year
- Physical Wellbeing: fitness instructor, sports & swimming classes, nutrition counseling, private medical insurance
- Social Wellbeing: hobby clubs to support your passions, team building activities, weekly and annual social events, GoPro communication trainings, acts of kindness
- Emotional Wellbeing: In-house coach (psychologist), focus and mindfulness apps, soft skills workshops, CPI personality assessments